The UHL Doctors Mess is an organisation run for doctors, by doctors!
Join the UHL Doctors’ Mess for just £10 a month, allowing you access to all three hospital mess sites. At these sites, you will find
comfortable recliner seating, weekly hot and cold food deliveries, social activities and more.
Where can I find the mess?
- LRI – Level 2, Windsor Building.
- LGH – First floor, next to Ward 20.
- GH – Next to the Willow changing room, at bottom of ramp by canteen.
What are the benefits of being a mess member?
- Access to all three mess sites which include comfortable reclining
sofas, microwaves, coffee machines, snacks, computers and more.
- Fresh fruit deliveries weekly.
- Hot food deliveries to all three sites weekly. LRI: Mondays at 1pm,
LGH: Tuesdays at 1pm and GH: Wednesdays at 1pm.
- Sky TV and Sky Sports.
- Regular social events.
- A comfortable place to relax and rest on a busy shift.
- Can be accessed 24 hours a day.
How do I join the mess?
Becoming a mess member is very simple and costs just £10 a month. There are multiple ways you can join the mess:
- If your payroll provider is UHL, you can fill in a paper form which is
available at all three mess sites. Just fill it in and post it into the
labelled box in any mess.
- You can also sign up via PayPal byemailing firstname.lastname@example.org to get the link sent
For any further information or if you have any queries, please contact us on:
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: UHL Doctors Mess
- Twitter: @UHLDoctorsMess
- Instagram: @uhldoctorsmess
- Join the UHL Doctors Mess WhatsApp group to keep
up to date with mess activities by sending a message
Please help us make further improvements to the
mess by sharing your feedback and becoming a
member for just £10 a month.
Doctors in Training Committee
UHL has a very active Doctors in Training Committee (DiTC). The remit of the committee is to act on the best interests of the junior doctor body and has an influence throughout the Trust. The committee is formed of junior doctors (mix of grades and specialties), representatives from Department of Clinical Education and HR.
Every junior doctor must attend a Corporate Induction if they have not worked within the Trust for more than 12 months. Every trainee, regardless of when they last worked at UHL, should receive a local induction within your department area. All trainees are expected to keep up-to-date with their statutory and mandatory training.
Junior doctors: Is something bugging you? Have you got ideas about improving patitent safety. Let us know – visit INsite and search for the ‘Gripes Reporting Tool’. This tool does not replace the Datix system. If an adverse event or near miss occurs, a Datix report must be filed simultaneously.