- This event has passed.
Cardiac Advanced Life Support (CALS) Course **POSTPONED**
6th December 2019 @ 12:00 am
- Empower all practitioners to act with confidence when dealing with emergency resternotomy using the EACTS CALS protocol
- Promote teamwork and good communication using the 6-key roles guidance
- Manage the deteriorating patient using the 5 – point plan
- Demonstrate successful CALS re-sternotomy in 5 minutes.
- Introduction to the EACTS CALS protocol
- Simulation sessions using a resternotomy manikin
- Cardiothoracic Emergencies and Management
- Human Factors in Cardiac Surgery
- Chest Re-opening
- Internal Defibrillation and ‘Scrubbing Up’
- Emergency Airway Management
- Pacing Troubleshooting and IABP Management
- CXR and TOE Interpretation