- This event has passed.
Leicester Cardiac Advanced Life Support (CALS) course
3rd January 2019 @ 12:00 am
Aims of the course
- To empower all practitioners to act with confidence to better treat our critically ill cardiac patients using well validated cardiac arrest protocols, safely managing the patient
- To promote a team approach in caring for the post cardiac surgical patient with positive results
- Discuss 5 point plan
- Demonstrate successful CALS re-sternotomy in 5 minutes.
Course to include
- EACTS Cardiac Arrest Protocols and applying them to clinical areas
- Practical sessions using the CALS protocol
- Lectures: tracheostomy emergencies, cardiovascular problems, transoesophageal echo, chest X-ray interpretation
- Workstations: chest opening, internal defi brillation, emergency airway management (inc. tracheostomy insertion), intra-aortic balloon device management, invasive monitoring, chest X-rays, transoesophageal echo and epicardial pacing
- ‘Scoop and Run’ guidelines review and mock transfer of cardiac arrest patient to theatre and chest opening
- Human factors in cardiac surgery
Who should attend?
- Critical Care Practitioners and Anaesthetists, Theatre Nurses, Surgeons, Surgical Care Practitioners