- This event has passed.
***POSTPONED***Basic Skills in Colonoscopy Course
5th March 2020 @ 12:00 am
A hands on course designed on behalf of the Joint Advisory Group on Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
External applicants will need to apply for an honorary contract with the UHL Trust. On registration the documents will be sent to you. These need to be completed and sent back to ClinEd.Conferences@uhl-tr.nhs.uk no later than 4 weeks prior to the course date.
As part of the honorary contract process we will require the following documents from you so please ensure that you can access these:
- Copy of Certificate of Professional Body (GMC/NMC)
- Photocopy of passport (photo page and the one opposite) or visa status
- Copy of Hep B status
- Evidence of current contract with your Trust and Copy of CRB Check
The course will:
- cover the following knowledge topics:
- informed consent
- safety and sedation
- antibiotic prophylaxis and anti-coagulant therapy precautions
- endoscope design, function, troubleshooting and decontamination
- diathermy theory and safety
- unit planning and operation
- record keeping
- provide practical training in:-
- torque steering
- loop recognition
- loop resolution
A cancellation fee of £150 will be deducted for administration purposes if you cancel more than six weeks in advance of the course date. Full fee if cancelled within six weeks of the course.