- CALS course
4th February 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Event Phone: 01162584917
Aims of the course
- To empower all practitioners to act with confidence to better treat our critically ill cardiac patients using well validated cardiac arrest protocols, safely managing the patient
- To promote a team approach in caring for the post cardiac surgical patient with positive results
- Discuss 5 point plan
- Demonstrate successful CALS re-sternotomy in 5 minutes.
Course to include
- EACTS Cardiac Arrest Protocols and applying them to clinical areas
- Practical sessions using the CALS protocol
- Lectures: tracheostomy emergencies, cardiovascular problems, transoesophageal echo, chest X-ray interpretation
- Workstations: chest opening, internal defi brillation, emergency airway management (inc. tracheostomy insertion), intra-aortic balloon device management, invasive monitoring, chest X-rays, transoesophageal echo and epicardial pacing
- ‘Scoop and Run’ guidelines review and mock transfer of cardiac arrest patient to theatre and chest opening
- Human factors in cardiac surgery
Who should attend?
- Critical Care Practitioners and Anaesthetists, Theatre Nurses, Surgeons, Surgical Care Practitioners
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
Clinical Education Centre, Glenfield Hospital, Groby Road, Leicester, LE3 9QP, United Kingdom