- Specialty Careers and Interview Day
6th February 2023
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
University Hospitals of Leicester & HEE East Midlands Presents
East Midlands Specialty Careers and Interview Day
6th February 2023
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Registration 8:30 – 9:00)
College Court, Knighton Road, Knighton, Leicester – LE2 3UF (Free parking available)
Free For UHL Doctors, £75 for non-UHL Doctors (UHL Doctors are eligible to apply for study leave)
UHL Doctors will be Charged £75 in the event non-attendance
Who Can Apply?
Any foundation doctor or equivalent who has applied for or is interested in applying for specialty training. The date will be focused on the following specialties –
- Clinical Radiology
- Core Surgical Training
- Internal Medicine Training
Why Should You Apply?
Unique opportunity to:
- Get top tips on the specialty training application and interview process.
- Hear from and talk to recently successful candidates.
- Have one-to-one interview in a specialty of your choice.
- 8:30 to 9:00 – Registration
- 9:00 to 9:10 – Welcome – Dr Winston Rennie
- 9:10 to 9:30 – Brief of the day – Dr Mohsin Hussein
- 9:30 to 10:30 – Speciality Specifications, Portfolio & Interview Presentation (Paediatrics, Core Surgical Training)
- 10:30 to 10:45 – Coffee Break
- 10:45 to 12:15 – Speciality Specifications, Portfolio & Interview Presentation (Internal Medicine Training, Clinical Radiology, ACCS)
- 12:15 to 12:30 – Less Than Full Time Training
- 12:30 to 13:20 – Lunch Break (Lunch will be provided)
- 13:30 to 17:00 – Specialty Specific Interviews
(Refreshments will be available 14:30 to 15:30)
Organising Committee: Dr Winston Rennie, Dr Aanand Vibhakar, Dr Mohsin Hussein, Dr Sathvikha Subramanian Parameswaran, Dr Senali Seneviratne, Mr Luke Ruffle
For any queries please email: Aanand.Vibhakar@uhl-tr.nhs.uk
(Please note: if you are experiencing issues booking onto the course you may need to log out of the website after you create your account, and then log back in again before booking.)