Foundation Teaching Choices
30th December 2021
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
This online course is for Foundation Year 2 doctors, as part of the Foundation Programme ‘choices’ teaching. Online material will be provided via a link to Google classroom on the date indicated for each session. Delegates will be required to complete and submit online activities prior to attending a virtual session.
Course aim: To provide an introduction to teaching skills to Foundation Year 2 Doctors.
- Be able to identify how to prepare a teaching session, including the use of aims and objectives
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in teaching delivery include style and format
- Demonstrate how to use the ‘set, dialogue, closure’ model
- Select an appropriate teaching method that ensures aims and objectives are met
- Incorporate basic learning theory into practical activities
- Discuss how to overcome teaching challenges
- Consider the impact of learning styles on teaching delivery and how to apply a blended approach to maximise learning
- Be able to identify strengths and weaknesses of using a flipped classroom approach to teaching delivery.
This course being funded by HEEM for East Midlands based doctors; if you are from outside of this area, please contact email@example.com for advice on how you can attend.
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.