- 8th February 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8th Febuary 2023
This is an interactive, PowerPoint-free day in which we give you a
framework for all teaching situations, and get learners to think
about their experience of teaching, with practical tips to make
your teaching sessions better.
To provide an introduction to teaching skills to Foundation
Year 2 Doctors
Course objectives: By the end of the course the delegates will:
• Be able to identify how to prepare a teaching session,
including the use of aims and objectives.
•Identify strengths and weaknesses in teaching delivery
including style and format
• Demonstrate how to use the ‘set, dialogue, closure’ model
• Select an appropriate teaching method that ensures aims and
objectives are met.
• Incorporate basic learning theory into practical activities.
• Discuss how to overcome teaching challenges.
• Consider the impact of learning styles on teaching delivery.
and how to apply a blended approach to maximise learning .
Attendance on this course contributes towards evidence for the
following GMC Recognition and Approval of Trainers domains –
- Domain 2, Establishing and Maintaining an Environment for
- Domain 3, Teaching and Facilitating Learning;
- Domain 7, Continuing Professional Development as an