State of the art skills labs and simulation facilities
Undergraduate and postgraduate provision
Highly skilled staff
The Resuscitation and National course services provide resuscitation training and clinical support to all staff and areas. We offer basic through to advanced life support training and pride ourselves in offering bespoke training to meet the needs of our service users. For more information about our current courses please see the events page.
- Through the delivery of commissioned courses -currently we run HEE simulation courses for foundation doctors, internal medical trainees and specialist trainees in obstetrics.
- Through helping and supporting specialties to deliver their own simulation-based education. We do this by providing help with content development, delivering faculty training and initial support in running simulation
- Through the provision of bespoke simulation. This might be to address specific learning outcomes arising from a serious untoward incident or to address a specific training need. Whichever it is, we work with educators to develop specific packages and support them with knowledge and resources to enable you to effectively deliver it.
- There is a simulation lab and debrief room in the Victoria building. This is equipped with a remotely controlled high fidelity patient simulator and sophisticated audio-visual equipment to ensure the action can be live streamed to the debrief room.
- Portable simulation and audiovisual equipment to facilitate the delivery of simulation-based education in the clinical setting.
- Benchtop models to facilitate the training of specific clinical and procedural skills.
- 360° camera and editing software to produce interactive scenarios and simulation training that can be accessed on mobile devices and computers.