State of the art skills labs and simulation facilities
Undergraduate and postgraduate provision
Highly skilled staff
The Resuscitation and National course services provide resuscitation training and clinical support to all staff and areas. We offer basic through to advanced life support training and pride ourselves in offering bespoke training to meet the needs of our service users. For more information about our current courses please see the events page.
- Through the delivery of commissioned courses -currently we run HEE simulation courses for foundation doctors, internal medical trainees and specialist trainees in obstetrics.
- Through helping and supporting specialties to deliver their own simulation-based education. We do this by providing help with content development, delivering faculty training and initial support in running simulation
- Through the provision of bespoke simulation. This might be to address specific learning outcomes arising from a serious untoward incident or to address a specific training need. Whichever it is, we work with educators to develop specific packages and support them with knowledge and resources to enable you to effectively deliver it.
- There is a simulation lab and debrief room in the Victoria building. This is equipped with a remotely controlled high fidelity patient simulator and sophisticated audio-visual equipment to ensure the action can be live streamed to the debrief room.
- Portable simulation and audiovisual equipment to facilitate the delivery of simulation-based education in the clinical setting.
- Benchtop models to facilitate the training of specific clinical and procedural skills.
- 360° camera and editing software to produce interactive scenarios and simulation training that can be accessed on mobile devices and computers.
Trainees and Locally Employed Doctors work in a wide range of specialties from Foundation to Specialty level
UHL employs and supports over 800 senior doctors at Consultant, Specialty Grade or in Honorary positions
Early clinical experience that considers all disciplines in the context of a patient’s presentations
Focusing on evolving clinical learning through apprenticeship in the form of hospital placements.
Supporting University of Leicester Medical School end of year and final exams
Internal Medicine Training
Core Surgical Training
Foundation Educational Supervisors Networking Day
Ultrasound In Perioperative Care
Final FRCA SOE
Frequently Asked Questions
We run a variety of national courses from the Resuscitation Council UK (RC UK), the Advanced Life Support Group (ALSG) and the Royal College of Surgeons. Details of the courses available can be found on HELM under “My training, Course catalogue, Resuscitation-National Courses/Specialist Training” however you will need to contact the Clinical Skills Unit for availability and booking on firstname.lastname@example.org
These sessions run across all 3 sites .You can be assessed on both adult and/or paediatric basic life support at these sessions, depending on your need.
There is no need to book, simply arrive at any time within the advertised session, assessments usually take approximately 15 minutes.
We are always in need of enthusiastic volunteers to help support the simulation training we run in the centre. We are happy to take people who have never had the opportunity to act as faculty in simulation before and can provide training for those who wish to develop their skill set in this area. If this is something that interests you please contact us at email@example.com