- Basic Skills in Colonoscopy
10th December 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Event Phone: 0116 258 4244
A hands on polypectomy skills course
A training day aimed at Specialty Trainees in Gastroenterology and Surgery, Nurse Endoscopists and Staff/Trust Grade Doctors who already perform diagnostic colonoscopies. You should have basic scope handling skills and have performed at least 50 colonoscopy cases. Experienced colonoscopists may attend this course.
The course provides a theoretical and practical introduction to the knowledge and skills required to detect, evaluate and, where appropriate, remove pedunculated, sessile and flat polyps.
Teaching will comprise lectures, videos and hands-on endoscopy using an in-vitro porcine model for practical training in standard polypectomy, tattooing, endoscopic clip placement, APC and en block EMR.
External applicants will need to apply for an honorary contract with the UHL Trust. On registration the documents will be sent to you. These need to be completed and sent back to ClinEd.Conferences@uhl-tr.nhs.uk no later than 4 weeks prior to the course date.
As part of the honorary contract process we will require the following documents from you so please ensure that you can access these:
- Copy of Certificate of Professional Body (GMC/NMC)
- Photocopy of passport (photo page and the one opposite) or visa status
- Copy of Hep B status
- Evidence of current contract with your Trust and Copy of CRB Check
- improve individual polyp detection skills and be able to perform a risk assessment of a polyp
- be able to perform a safe and successful standard polypectomy
- list pros and cons of various polypectomy techniques
- understand the principles and risks of diathermy
- To be able to manage common post-polypectomy complications
- Enhance understanding of advanced therapeutic modalities such as EMR and EpMR
A cancellation fee of £150 will be deducted for administration purposes if you cancel more than six weeks in advance of the course date. Full fee if cancelled within six weeks of the course.